You are invited to the Heart of Christ Gala
Sat, Sep 2, 2023 3:36 PM
The Christ Medicus Foundation is seeking your support of the first annual gala for the historic opening of the Heart of Christ Medical Clinic this September, 2023. The Clinic is the work of God’s Grace, the Knights of Columbus, Mother and Unborn Baby Care, Christ Medicus Foundation, Ascension, Trinity Health, and Catholic Charities of SE Michigan. This Heart of Christ Clinic will follow in the footsteps of Christ by serving, healing, and empowering the most vulnerable members in the community.
WHEN: Thursday, Sept. 28, 2023 (6:00 - 9:00 PM)
WHERE: Burton Manor (27777 Schoolcraft Rd., Livonia, MI)
For tickets and sponsorship opportunities click here
Membership - Handling Objections
Thu, Aug 31, 2023 5:55 AM
Membership - Handling Objections
I'm too busy to join
How often have you asked someone to join and their response to you is... "I'm too busy". Here are some suggested responses you can give to overcome this obstacle.
- 24 Hour Knight - Supreme has a great pamphlet you can order (for free) that shows men they only need to spend 24 hours a year on Knights activities. Everyone has 24 hours.
- There's no additional time required - Many men in the parish already donate a significant amount of their time to church activities. Church Choir, usher, Eucharistic Minister, etc... Just become a member (to show your support) and just keep doing the things you're already doing. Nothing more.
- E-membership - The Knights created a type of membership for people like you. Just become an e-member (for free) to show you support the Catholic Church. You don't need to do more. Then, in the future, if your situation changes, you can volunteer and be more engaged.
- The Knights should complement your life, not complicate it. Get involved only if and only when you have time. If you're busy. That's OK. Just being a member is helpful.
- Have a voice - The knights have a voice in Congress on many issues impacting our lives. As a member, you share in strong Catholic values and we can represent you.
We Are One Committee Halloween Party!
Sun, Aug 27, 2023 10:00 AM
The "We Are One Committee" is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting the 2nd Annual We Are One Halloween Party on October 27, 2023. Get ready for a spooktacular evening at Zuccaros Banquet Center, located in Chesterfield, MI.
All proceeds from the party will go towards supporting the Michigan Knights of Columbus Installation of State Leadership 2026.
The cost is $50 for you to join in on the fun and enjoy a delicious Buffet Dinner, an Open Bar, and plenty of dancing. We encourage everyone to come dressed in their most creative costumes, as we will be awarding prizes for the Best Individual, Best Couple, and Best Group costumes.
But wait, there's more! We will also be hosting raffles throughout the night, for extra excitement. You might just walk away with an amazing prize!
If you or your business are interested in supporting this incredible event, sponsorship opportunities are available. Please refer to the flyer for more details or reach out to Paul Palka at email@example.com. We would be thrilled to have your support!
We can't wait to see all of you. Let's come together, have a blast, and show that WE ARE ONE!
- The WE ARE ONE Committee
KC Lions Day 2023
Thu, Aug 24, 2023 6:45 AM
Those that know me know that I'm a die-hard Detroit Lions fan. I know I drink the Kool-Aid every year. But last year it was more of a Honolulu blue and silver cocktail. I've been a season ticket holder since 2011 and last season at every game the atmosphere at Ford Field was amazing. I definitely look forward to more of it this year.
With that being said, we have organized a Knights of Columbus Fraternal Day at Ford Field. It will be the game on September 24, 2023, Detroit Lions versus Atlanta Falcons.
Tickets are $100.00 each, click HERE for the order form.
Checks made out to Michigan State Council. Order form and checks come to me directly. Please do not send to the state office. Any questions please contact me.
GO LIONS #ONEPRIDE
Chief of Fraternal Activities